For new and current students, find out where you can get sexual health support in Cardiff & Vale.
Free and confidential sexual health support and services are available in Cardiff and the Vale.
Support and Services
Time to Test?
Getting tested is the first step in protecting yourself and others from STIs and HIV. Call the Sexual Health Clinic Cardiff on 02920335208.
You can also order a free and confidential home test kit here, for HIV and other STIs, including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C.
I am pregnant and I need to talk to someone about my options
For advice on who to talk to, check the website of Frisky Wales.
Pregnancy Advisory Service – Cardiff & Vale. There is a dedicated booking line for people requesting advice about an unplanned pregnancy: 02921 842638
Pregnancy Advisory Service – Cardiff & Vale
Check the booking form for Pregnancy Advisory Service (PAS): LINK TO FORM HERE (or use the QR code above)
I want to start PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis)
Call the Sexual Health Clinic Cardiff on 02920335208.
I have been exposed to HIV
Call the Sexual Health Clinic Cardiff on 02920335208. To find out more about PEP and HIV exposure, you can check this page here.
I need condoms
You can order condoms from Frisky Wales.
Further Support Online
- Local support: Sexual Health Clinic – 02921 835208
- National services: Frisky Wales or Sexual Health Wales at www.shwales.online
- HIV Advocacy Network in Cardiff and Vale: Fast Track Cardiff and Vale
- General Health and Wellbeing advice for young people: YMCA
- SHOT – Sexual Health and Relationship Service for young people in Cardiff & the Vale of Glamorgan: see here.
- SHOT – Sexual Health Outreach Team on Facebook: SHOT: HRS at YMCA Cardiff Group
- Condoms (Facebook): SHOT: C-Card Scheme at YMCA Cardiff Group
- Sexual Assault: Ynys Saff Sexual Assault Referral Centre
- Find out about a wide range of contraception options and choices at Frisky Wales
- Talk to other people with HIV at Positively UK at 0207 713 0444 or via their
- THT – Terrence Higgins Trust’s PLHIV community forum at
- PrEPster offers UK-wide information about PrEP and Monkeypox at https://prepster.info/
Download and print our posters and leaflets!
Feel free to download and print these posters and leaflets for your department, Students’ Union, college and institute (where/if leafleting and posters are allowed).
Supported by a grant from Viiv Healthcare Positive Action. We are grateful to ViiV Healthcare for supporting our initiative and funding our 21st Century HIV project.